Krafty Internet Marketing Forum
Pc Gurus? - Printable Version

+- Krafty Internet Marketing Forum (https://kraftymarketingprofits.com/internetmarketingforum)
+-- Forum: Search Engine Optimization (https://kraftymarketingprofits.com/internetmarketingforum/Forum-search-engine-optimization--44)
+--- Forum: Black Hat Search Engine Optimization (https://kraftymarketingprofits.com/internetmarketingforum/Forum-black-hat-search-engine-optimization--46)
+--- Thread: Pc Gurus? (/Thread-pc-gurus--79389)

Pc Gurus? - ZakICarey - 03-09-2022

<p>I have a pc set up purely for photography, the 120Gb ssd is almost full so I now have a new 1Tb ssd waiting to go in. I want to run the OS (win10) from the 120Gb ssd and have nothing else on that drive, then run all my software and store photos on the new 1Tb ssd, with keepers backed up to an external HDD. Now, I can remember doing this before many moons ago and it was a right PITA, I'm sure I had to go through the registry and do all of it manualy after copying all the required folders onto the new drive. I know I can easily clone the whole lot from one to the other but I really want to have a seperate drive just for the OS. Is there an easy way of doing this nowadays? I don't mind paying for software if it makes life easier and less time consuming.<br>ps, a lot of the software has been installed/downloaded from the tinterweb so I don't have the exe files to reinstall from, I would have to redownload. This would be fine on decent broadband but I get 3mb on a good day so it would take a serious amount of time to download it all again (as in weeks<br></p>

RE: Pc Gurus? - AngelaJohnston - 03-14-2022

<p>I'm so happy that you could find the solution. I'm also a photographer, and your post was very helpful. I was also in your situation a while ago. I have lost all my info, and the photos were lost. My bad that I didn't have a backup drive. My job consists of taking photos of the major events. For example, if refugees are coming to my country, I will document the events. That's why I was very disappointed when this happened. My cat has accidentally poured over my hard drive some tea. After this, I'm not gonna drink something near my computer. Thanks to my friend, I have found out that a company could help me. They could restore all my info even if it was damaged by water. If someone is interested, I will leave their link right here salvagedata.com.</p>

RE: Pc Gurus? - RichardBatchelor - 04-23-2022

You install it on your laptop when you have an SSD right away. After that, you need to change the OS, but before you install the OS on the SSD, you can delete all the files on the hard drive during the installation. You install the OS on the SSD; it's very simple. I would consult the experts before installing an SSD because it's not that easy to install. The last time I mac repaired, I went to service nearby. I think you should do the same.

RE: Pc Gurus? - DanGolfy - 04-24-2022

(04-23-2022, 05:56 AM)RichardBatchelor Wrote: You install it on your laptop when you have an SSD right away. After that, you need to change the OS, but before you install the OS on the SSD, you can delete all the files on the hard drive during the installation. You install the OS on the SSD; it's very simple. I would consult the experts before installing an SSD because it's not that easy to install. The last time I mac repaired, I went to service nearby. I think you should do the same.
I am so annoyed by Apple devices only because they are incredibly difficult to repair...